Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where can I find gold boots?

I am custom making a Flash costume for Halloween and having a hard time finding the right boots for cheap. I would like the boots to come up about 16 inches and no heels since I'm a guy. I prefer a gold color but I can make do with any color because I can paint them. I have found leather and polyurethane boots but I've read and heard you can't paint over them effectively. Ebay hasn't been a help and neither has Google or Ask.com and my Halloween store doesn't have the right boots.

Where can I find gold boots?
Vinyl boots will probably work best for this, but polyurethane should work fine... use vinyl dye from an Autozone or O'reilly's. They have it in all different colors including gold. Instead of being spray paint it is actually a spray dye that will penetrate plastic for a permanent color change (meant for use on vinyl).





The color of the boots will influence the color you end up with, but the vinyl dye will work with any color.
Reply:go op-shopping and get any old pair of cheap WHITE boots and spray paint them gold



computer

No comments:

Post a Comment