Saturday, October 24, 2009

What is the best method for shrinking leather?

I have an old boot knife with a leather sheath of my grandfathers. The knife used to stay sheathed due to the leather being tight enough around the hilt of the blade but now it falls out when turned upside down. What is the best way I can shrink the leather so the blade stays inside the sheath? The only thing I can think of is soaking it in water and leaving out in the sun to dry. Thanks.

What is the best method for shrinking leather?
I'm not a leather expert so there may be something else out there but that sounds the best to me as well.





Don't sharpen and heavily oil the knife before you do this to fight rust and then sharpen the knife after wards.





Maybe the oven set really low would work, too?



books

No comments:

Post a Comment