Saturday, October 24, 2009

Paint removal from boots?

Ok, so I asked someone to dye a pair of boots for me, but instead she put latex house paint on them. The boots are the Corcoran Marauder style with leather toe and heel, and either cotton or nylon everywhere else (more or less). The paint is comming off of the leather areas just fine (where it could actually stay, as far as I'm concerned), but has deeply penetrated (not all the way through) the fabric, making it stiff, gummy, and, critically, ruined its vapor permeativity. My tentative plan is to soak the boots in OOPS for a day or two and then wash them out a few dozen times. My concern is that the OOPS may degrade the fabric or rubber soles, or otherwise destroy the boots. Does anyone know what to expect, or have any better ideas for getting the paint out? I had the boots custom made when I was in Korea, and would like to recover them if possible.

Paint removal from boots?
thats really funny is she daft or what


latex house paint can be degraded with ammonia/windex or denatured alcohol


I would not use anything stronger than that and I would do it by hand no soaking
Reply:WD-40 spray lubricant should work for getting the paint off your boots and this will not harm the leather and it will penetrate and add water repellency it will also soften and protect and remove paint, just spray on and leave for about twenty to thirty minutes then remove with a cloth or old sponge when paint is removed you will see that the paint has darkened the leather as house paint is full of chemicals that hard materials can only withstand, the person that did this to your boots has deffinitely ruined your boots so they will never be the same again Good Luck !



affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment