Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bought my 1st pair of Doc Martens. After wearing 1 day (all day) the leather above the heel rubs me raw. Help!

On the right boot the leather above the reinforced heel seems to fold inward and it grinds against the top of my heel, right on my Achilles. The trouble spot is along the seam running up the back of the boot.





They are the correct size, and are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, except for that one spot. Though I have worn them since that first day, the boot continues to rub my foot.





I've tried to soften that one spot and reform the leather, so it won't rub, but nothing has worked, it continues to fold in, holding that position.





I have not tried Dubbin yet.





I have tried wearing padding and multiple pairs of socks, (thick hiking socks, bandages, etc.).





Seeing as what I've tried, I'm not sure what answer I'm looking for...





Also - what is best for waterproofing the leather? They're the flower printed ones from this year, and I don't want to use anything that might ruin the design.





Thanks!

Bought my 1st pair of Doc Martens. After wearing 1 day (all day) the leather above the heel rubs me raw. Help!
I'm sure you can get a refund and if you can try exchanging them. I've owned the same pair of docmartins for 5 years now so they are a good shoe. If they are not suede but leather you might try rubbing them down with leather food and seeing if that helps them become more flexible but other then that I'm not sure what else there is to do. If the store won't take them back take it up with the shoe company they are very good with customer care.



Auto Loan

No comments:

Post a Comment