Wednesday, March 17, 2010

RENT Musical Halloween Costume help, anyone?

I'm going as Mimi from the musical RENT (her Broadway Out Tonight outfit (NOT the movie outfit. I have no intention of EVER wearing that)), but I ran across a problem. Boots, no problem (I'm covering a pair of knee high leather boots with giraffe print material to save myself $400). Arm warmers/ leather gloves, shirt, mesh shirt (it's under some Mimi's Out Tonight shirts), and hair stuff no problem. My problem is the pants, the things that she has on her knees (rolled up leg warmers maybe?), and the band around her waist. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find these things, the pants especially? I was thinking running tights or even leggings, but I can't find any that give off that sparkle effect. Help is greatly appreciated! If you need pictures, I have SEVERAL, so e-mail me and I can send them to you.

RENT Musical Halloween Costume help, anyone?
i did this last year and i just bought blue tights at hot topic. they don't sparkle but it's hard to find cheap pants in that color. as for the band around her pants, i wore plack tights under the blue (which helped so they aren't see-through) and just rolled the black over the blue. i didn't do the kneee pads, but you could just take black fabric and kinda roll it up and pin it? it could give it that bohemian-no money look! lol hope this helps! sorry i have no pics of how my costume turned out to show you the outcome.



acne cure

No comments:

Post a Comment