Friday, November 6, 2009

Do quality cowboy boots have a thin rubber heel piece that meets the floor?

l purchased a pair of cowboy boots in Cozumel, Mexico. They are real ant eater leather and have a leather heel and are very supple, BUt, they also have a thin rubber heel piece that meets the floor with the rest of the heel being leather. l was told this was normal. Only l am used to seeing a full leather heel, as a friend of mine has an expensive pair of boots and you hear him when he is walking on a hard surface. ls this rubber piece normal? l paid 200.00 U.S for them. ln the back of my mind l am telling myself l got ripped. Feedback anyone...

Do quality cowboy boots have a thin rubber heel piece that meets the floor?
The black rubber piece is essential to safety when walking on wet surfaces. The quality of the boot is in the overall construction. When I purchase boots I look for all-leather (or whatever skin) construction with a leather sole. I have never concerned myself with the rubber piece being the deciding factor in quality of the boot. In fact, I have had soles and rubber piece replaced on many boots.





To compare prices and styles of boots try cavenders and shepplers on line stores.





http://www.sheplers.com/home.cfm





http://cavenders.com/
Reply:That small piece of rubber on the heel will help keep you from breaking your neck when you walk on wet surfaces. Trust me, I've made a fool of myself quite a few times wearing boots without the rubber heel guard (it's funny now, but wasn't way back when)!



book

No comments:

Post a Comment